Sunday, March 06, 2011

This Side Of The Grave
by Jeaniene Frost


Danger waits on both sides of the grave.
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .
With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . . to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.

my thoughts~
As everyone already knows, I love this series and This Side of the Grave did not disappoint me! I LOVED IT! It seems that Cat is indeed maturing, Bones is as HOT as ever, Vlad makes his appearances as well as Spade, Denise, Mencheres & Kira! I love how Ms. Frost can integrate all these characters to give us not just one awesome series, but two! I have read that people love Vlad and I will admit that I do like him. And I would love for Vlad (or maybe even Tate!)to have book three in the Night Huntress World series, but I can't say that I love him yet. We will see how he grows on me.
This Side of the Grave was a book that made me just smile, sometimes I laughed out loud, and shed a few tears. Ms. Frost has written a book that has hit all of my emotional needs to make this a truly awesome read! I can't wait to read the whole series again!!

one of the many *lol* moments for me~
I’d heard Bones threaten to beat someone with their own limb before, but I’d always assumed that was a figure of speech. Apparently not. ~Cat

one of those *sigh* moments~
"No matter what happens, you will never lose me," he whispered. "I am forever yours, Kitten, in this life or the next."~Bones 








**if you have not read First Drop of Crimson or Eternal Kiss of Darkness, read those before reading This Side of the Grave!**

0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library