Friday, March 11, 2011

First Grave on the Right
by Darynda Jones


A smashing, award-winning debut novel that introduces Charley Davidson: part-time private investigator and full-time Grim Reaper.

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to "go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

This is a thrilling debut novel from an exciting newcomer to the world of paranormal romantic suspense.

 my thoughts~ 
It seems lately, that I am reading so many great books! And it makes me oh so happy to say this book was a Fantastic read! I really enjoyed meeting Charley, who has such a sense of humor! Love it! I mean the woman kept me laughing all the way through it! And her BFF Cookie and Ubie and well the list goes on! Would I recommend this book? I already have, to several of my friends! And I am anxiously awaiting the release of the second book, 'Second Grave on the Left'!


Just one of the LOL moment for me~
"My fore-parts, as you so in eloquently put it, have names." I pointed to my right breast. "This is Danger." Then my left. "And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly." After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, "You named your breasts?" I turned my back to him with a shrug. "I named my ovaries, too, but they don't get out as much."






Want to know what her ovaries names are? Read the book! You won't be disappointed!




0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library