Monday, February 15, 2010

Wake by Lisa McMann

Not all dreams are sweet.
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....

my thoughts~
I'm usually the last one to get into a series. It was no different with Wake. I've wanted to read Wake forever, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I'm so glad I finally did! I decided this was going to be the first book that I read for the 2010 YA Challenge that I had signed up for. Well Fade (book2) and Gone (book 3) will now be included! I thought Janie, Carrie & Cabe were fantastic characters! If you read YA books, and you haven't read Wake yet, what are you waiting for? Go on, go get your copy...and while your buying Wake, you might as well pick up Fade & Gone. It will save you the trip!

0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library