Monday, April 04, 2011

Dark Lover
by JR Ward
re-read!

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...
The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed - orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead...Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both....


my thoughts~ I first read this book in 2009 and my original review can be found here! I've read this book  4 times now (I just finished #4 yesterday!) and I never get tired of reading it! Yes, I know what is coming, I know almost every part of this book, but I know that even as I'm typing these words, that I will read this book AGAIN! Yes, I think the series is great. But some books are just better than others and Dark Lover is in my top 3 favorites. What else needs to be said when someone is willing to read the same book repeatedly? That's right. Nothing! LOL!






Photobucket

1 comments:

Helena Sparrow said...

I still chuckle each time the brothers smart off to one another...it never gets old (no matter how many re-reads)

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library