Thursday, February 03, 2011

Skin Trade
by Laurell K. Hamilton

When a vampire serial killer sends Anita Blake a grisly souvenir from Las Vegas, she has to warn Sin City's local authorities what they're dealing with. Only it's worse than she thought. Ten officers and one executioner have been slain-paranormal style. Anita heads to Vegas, where's she's joined by three other federal marshals, including the ruthless Edward. It's a good thing he always has her back, because when she gets close to the bodies, Anita senses "tiger" too strongly to ignore it. The weretigers are very powerful in Las Vegas, which means the odds of her rubbing someone important the wrong way just got a lot higher.

my thoughts~
You know, when I first read Guilty Pleasures, I loved Anita Blake, Richard & Jean Claude. As the series progressed, I found myself not as eager for that next book to come out. There was an over abundance of sexual partners, and while I think to each their own, I personally don't want to read about it. So I skip over most of those parts. There tends to be too much of an ICK factor for me. And I only buy the books second hand now. But about Skin Trade... When I first began reading this book, I truly thought, woohoo! LKH has returned to the old way of writing! I mean Anita didn't even have sex with anyone in like the first 350 (or so) pages! Yes, there was alot of discussion about her sex life, but not gross details. I really enjoyed those first 350 pages. Then she ends up having sex with Wicked & Truth, and it was ok. But then before you know it, it's multiple guys, that she doesn't remember, ick, ick, ick... I did enjoy the book, skipping past the multiple partner stuff. I'm glad that I rented the book from the library and am on the waiting list for Flirt.



Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Susie, I love LKH, but her books have verged to a very sexual nature, and they didn't start out that way. I thought with Blood Noir and Skin Trade, the sex was toned down a bit, but she couldn't give it up all together, lol. I've already read Flirt, hope you enjoy it!

Dottie :)

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library