Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Well as I sort of hinted at in yesterday's Weekly Wrap Up, there are some changes that are happening here on My Guilty Pleasures! Last Wednesday I had posted that I thought I might need some help, because I just had so many books that I wanted to read for personal pleasure that I was turning down offers and that I was thinking about having a partner.Then I chickened completely out and deleted. I thought I was quick. Yeah, not so much! I woke up early Thursday morning and checked my email, like I do every morning. SURPRISE! There was an email in there from someone who loves to read and wanted to help me with the blog! She has even won a few of the giveaways, but is new to reviewing books and what not. But in the emails that we've shared, I can tell she has a crazy sense of humor and we have quite a bit in common! Her name is Sharon and she will be reviewing the books that she reads and anything else she was to post about! I'm really excited to have someone come on board! Woohoo! So, I sent her a few questions for a little get to know you and here are her answers!

Tell us a little bit about yourself~
I'm divorced and live alone with a couple of cats and dogs, they are the only "children" I have.  I work full time in law enforcement as a communications supervisor.

 If you could only read 1 genre, which would you pick?
I love mystery/thrillers the best.  Romance and true crime would be my second and third choices.  I am rarely without a book in my hand...I'm a bookworm by nature.  I can go days at a time without turning on my television or radio...but I can't go without a book.

What is your favorite book of all time? Why? How many times have you read it?
My all time favorite book is Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories.  It has 23 Walt Disney adaptions of the original stories by Joel Chandler Harris.  Anyone who has seen "Song of the South" is probably familiar with the book.  Some of the main characters are Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, and Brer Fox.  As a matter of fact, all of the characters are animals. I grew up with my parents reading the book to me as a child, and a couple of years ago I found a copy of it online and bought it because the copy I had was lost in a house fire.  I can't really say how many times I've read it, I still read it from time to time.

Besides reading, what else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I like to crochet...all of my family and most of my friends have blankets I have made for them.  I do counted cross stitch sometimes and hook rugs.  I watch a little television, tivo is my best friend. Some of my favorite tv shows are Bones, Criminal Minds, Rizzoli & Isles, Hawaii Five-O, Cougar Town.  I listen to all different types of music...Cher, Trace Adkins, Heart, Faith Hill, REO Speedwagon, Uncle Kracker...

You're stranded on a desert island. You can have 1 person, 1 book and only 1 other thing. Who would it be, which book and why and what other item would you take (and no, it can't be a boat!LOL!)
If I were stranded on a desert island, I would want to be with my boyfriend, my Uncle Remus book because like I said it is my all time favorite, and I would want to have my dogs with me also...does that count as the third thing? 

So I would like to thank Sharon for having the courage to actually email me, even though I had deleted that post. I think this is going to work out wonderfully! 
Welcome Sharon!
 

0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library