Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday! Something I really did just throw together


You know when you take something out of the freezer, put it in the fridge to thaw

and forget about it? That happened to me last week when I took out chicken breasts to make the

Zesty Chicken Tortilla's from kraftrecipes. So after frying the chicken breasts, I began making the mayo/sour cream & flour mixture when I noticed there were big black things floating in it. Needless to say, ugh! So I took the pan off the stove to investigate. It was the teflon off the bottom of my pan! So in the trash it went. But I had these chicken breasts and tortilla's. What was I going to do? I took a look in my fridge and what did I find? The left over 5 layer Mexican Dip that I had made for the superbowl! hmmm... so this is what I came up with and it was a HUGE hit!!


ingredients:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

burrito tortilla's

shredded mexican cheese (I love Sargento's) for the dip, too!

sour cream for the dip too!

the ingredients for my 5 layer Mexican Dip (that aren't listed above)

refried beans

1 lb hamburger

taco seasoning (I use Old El Paso)

taco sauce

green onions

tomato


what I did was make the dip for the super bowl. I always just wing it, I never follow the recipe. And I use what I have on hand, usually. I just layered the beans, taco mixture, light taco sauce, shredded cheese, tomato, green onions and dalloped sour cream on top. What was left over after the super bowl went into the fridge. I fried the chicken breasts, shredded them and then threw the leftover dip & shredded chicken into my big pot. Once it was hot, I put the tortilla's in the microwave between 2 damp paper towels and warmed them for about 15 seconds. I then layered the chicken/dip mixture, shredded cheese, sour cream and tomato onto the tortilla and wrapped it tight! I didn't take pictures, but I should have, because it was delish and I will be making it again!!




0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library