Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Lie by Fredrica Wagman


Coming of age in the 1950's America, Ramona Smollens takes her cues about female sexuality from Hollywood movie stars. None is more voluptuous than Rita Hayworth, the redhead who knows how to please a man and becomes a volcano of passion at her lover's touch, whose image inspired American flyers on their missions in World War ll and even graced the first atomic bomb tested at the Bikini Atoll. Ramona marries young to escape her mother's house shortly after the death of her father. She takes with her a dark secret, the sort of secret one simply did not talk about and that would stalk her as she matured into her role as wife and mother, remained a devoted daughter to her own aging mother and secretly harbored an obsession with the iconic Hayworth.

my thoughts:

I read this book about 2 weeks ago and I am still having a hard time coming up with how to describe how it made me feel. It's not that I didn't like the book. I DID. Alot.
But it was so different from what I expected!


0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library