Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nora Roberts Movies on Lifetime

When I found out Lifetime made 4 more movies based on Nora's books, I had to pull them out and reread them before watching the movies. I know, I know, I should NOT read them before watching the movies, they are never as good as the books (Twilgiht). While I wasn't crazy about the 4 movies previously made by Lifetime (they didn't stay as true to the books as they should have) I did watch them.

The movies this year are:

Northen Lights (airs 03/21/09 at 9 p.m. ET)
Midnight Bayou (airs 03/28/09 at 9 p.m. ET)

High Noon (airs 04/04/09 at 9 p.m. ET)
Tribute (airs 04/11/09 at 9 p.m. ET)


I have finished re-reading Northern Lights and I'm excited to see the movie, even though I already know that last names have been changed (to protect their identities maybe?) Nate Burns s/b Nate Burke and Meg Galigan s/b Meg Galloway (sp?).

Northen Lights
(From Lifetime)
About the Movie:

Former Baltimore policeman Nate Burns was hoping to start a new life by accepting the job of chief of police in the town of Lunacy, Alaska. He escapes to the small, remote town in an effort to forget the traumatic death of his partner, for which he holds himself partially responsible. But the moment he meets Meg Galligan, an independent and feisty bush pilot with her own demons, he finds himself falling for her. The town is rocked when the body of Meg’s father, a man who Meg believed had abandoned her and her mother Charlene 16 years ago, turns up in a mountain cave. Nate finds himself in the middle of a high-profile murder investigation and quickly learns the killer is someone in the community. Nate must use his big-city survival instincts to solve the mystery that threatens his new life and new love.

0 comments:

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library