Monday, March 21, 2011

My One and Only
by Kristan Higgins


Divorce attorney Harper James can't catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister's destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she's being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiance; back at home is not likely to be sympathetic.Plus Harper can't help that Nick has come blazing back into her life in all of his frustratingly appealing, gorgeous architect glory. But in Nick's eyes, Harper's always been the one. If they can only get it right this time, forever might be waiting just around the bend.



my thoughts~
I started this book thinking it would be a cute HEA read. While I really did enjoy the book, it wrenched something inside me. It would seem that Ms. Higgins knows what it's like to meet the ONE early on and screw things up so badly that it takes years to mend. I've been there. And I didn't get the second chance that Harper & Nick got.
Ms. Higgins writes a great story that made me laugh, cry and everything in between. Oh, I ♥ Coco! I LOL'd at "Holy Testicle Tuesday!" and the use of "crotchety, crotch, crotch!" as swear words. But was tired of "Dude!" early on! Would I read this book again? You betcha. But it will be awhile. My heart can't take the ups & downs that this awesome couple take!






1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE her books. I've reviewed a few of them.
great post.

I woke up Sunday a.m. to find my blog, my 500 plus followers, my 100plus author interviews, and my 200 plus reviews gone. Blogger gave no explanation, but I think the account was hacked. Change your password often!

I have reloaded the interviews and reviews, plus redesigned the blog. But if you could, please hit the "follow" button so I can reclaim the fellow bloggers I miss. I'm still following you, as my account remained--thank goodness!
http://kellymoranauthor.blogspot.com

Thank you!
Kelly Moran
XO

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library