Saturday, June 05, 2010

My Son, US Army Soldier...In Training

Matt left Wednesday for 10 weeks of Basic Training and he's been able to call me every night. It's so hard to not cry when I know the call is almost over (cause they never last more than a couple of minutes) and when he tells me he misses me too. I know that tomorrow they are taking his cell phone away and I can't help but wonder when will I get to talk to him again. Tonight he even asked me not to cry. This is the longest we've been apart in 17 1/2 years. He doesn't even like being away from home to go to his Dads! 10 weeks seems like forever to me right now!
He has been able to send a couple of pictures from his phone, here they are:






Isn't he so handsome? He is truly a joy to have in my life! I don't think I could've asked for a better son!

1 comments:

Kathleen O said...

He is a handsome ladd and you will have him home from basic before you know it. He wants to serve his country and no mother could ask for a better son...
You are so lucky...

Help Teach A Child To Read

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library