So the Grandbabies are coming over this weekend and we are going to decorate our Easter Eggs & they will get their Easter Baskets that Nana (thats me!) made for them. Now, we are not big hard boiled egg fans, but we love our Deviled Eggs! So here is the recipe that I've come up with that I think everyone likes best. I'm guesstimating the exact measurements. I usually just eyeball it! This is the recipe that everyone (Matt!) expects me to make for all the holidays!
6 hard-cooked eggs
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Carefully peel your eggs. I have found that if your eggs are at least 1 1/2 weeks old, they peel easier. I don't know why, but if you know, let me know!
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt; mix well.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.